xTheKegster
5 posts
0 reputation

IGN: xTheKegster
By xTheKegster » about 1 month ago

Hello! I am a new player and I am loving the server! The commands, the plots everything is so good for builders like myself! I have just one problem relating to the tickspeed of the creative server. When building, grass will turn to dirt and plant will disapeer when worldedited onto non dirt blocks, also trees grow naturally and so do other blocks. This can be a very big problem when it comes to building. If you change the worlds tickspeed, many many more building designs and opportunities will open up, being able to place flowers on trees, taller sunflowers and other taller plants, and much more. The day night cycle of the server will disapeer if you change it but it can be changed with commands or plugins (90% sure its just commands). 

/gamerule set randomTickSpeed 0, Im pretty sure thats the command, please give me a response to this, I would love to know your opinion on my change!

MatthewKilp
Owner
128 posts
15 reputation

IGN: MatthewKilp
By MatthewKilp » about 1 month ago

Hi,

Thanks for your feature request for creative.

I've taken a look into this, and I believe that you should be able to achieve this through the use of plot flags - specifically, the grass-growth flag.
Command usage: /p2 flag set grass-grow false

I've been stood on my plot for about 20 minutes with this enabled, and none of the many saplings I planted grew, no dirt turned to grass, and no long grass grew taller, so I believe that this should acomplish what you want. You should have access to the command, however if it is giving you an error saying you don't have permissions, please let me know so I can add permissions for it, as everyone should have access to this.

If this doesn't work, I will take a look into changing the server behaviour, but for things like this I think a per-plot based control system is better than server wide, as different players may prefer things to work in different ways. Though I think that a better documentation on some of the important plot flags is probably necessary at some stage, so I will look into getting something sorted for this.

Matthew

Need support? Email [email protected] or open a thread on our website.

xTheKegster
5 posts
0 reputation

Thank you for the advice but the command doesnt work! I dont have permission and I would like to see if this also changes the disapearing of world edited plants

MatthewKilp
Owner
128 posts
15 reputation

Hi,

Sorry for the permissions issues. I've added permission for that plot flag to all users, so you should have access next time you are online. Hopefully this also resolves the issue with WorldEdited plants - if not, we can always take a look into other solutions to the issue.

Matthew

xTheKegster
5 posts
0 reputation

It didnt help, I was trying to worldedit flowers onto a tree, and they just disapeared, if there is a plot command to change random Tickspeed that would be great, if not, change the tickspeed

xTheKegster
5 posts
0 reputation

sorry to bother again but it seems the plot command didnt work and the flowers disapeered on a tree as soon as I logged onto the server, also why isnt survival up?

MatthewKilp
Owner
128 posts
15 reputation

Hi,

Survival is down (and has been since May) due to an incident which hasn't yet been restored from backup - this is due to other things having taken a priority over survival, such as work on Creative - survival wasn't very popular when released, and hence was pushed quite far down the list in terms of priorities. I have an exam on Wednesday this week- the plan is to try and recover the backup after the exam is over and get survival back up this week.

In terms of the tree I'm not too sure what to suggest, given from what I've tried it has worked fine - I'll keep an eye out for you being online and will come on again when I see you online to see what can be done.

Matthew

xTheKegster
5 posts
0 reputation

Sorry  but whatever you did to get the flowers to stay didnt work, the flowers disapeered after I logged into the game if you want o just Dm on discord Use TheKegster#2621