MatthewKilp
Owner
119 posts
14 reputation

IGN: MatthewKilp
By MatthewKilp » 3 months ago

Hello everyone,

I regret to have to inform you that one of our previous providers, MinecraftMarket, has recently suffered from a data breach. MinecraftMarket served as our donation store provider from May 2015 to earlier this month, at which stage they were hacked, and consequently caesed to operate. The breach should only affect users who have donated through the platform, although as the site had access to what was going on in the server through a plugin, other user's data may be included (though should be limited to usernames and UUIDs at most. The breach occurred at some stage on the 22nd of June 2018, though I am unaware of the exact time. MinecraftMarket seem to be showing no signs of disclosing the breach, and what data has been leaked, which is a violation of European data protection laws. Whilst I can not be certain on everything stored by MinecraftMarket, the details that I am fairly certain are in the database are:

• Timestamp of transaction
  • PayPal transaction ID
  • PayPal transaction state (completed / dispute / chargeback)
  • Minecraft username
  • Minecraft UUID (unique identifier for your account, so servers can track you even if you change your username)
  • IP address of transaction completion

I will update this post if any more information emerges. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Please note that no payment details that would allow anyone to make payments through your card or PayPal account were stored by MinecraftMarket, so there is no need to change PayPal login credentials or get a new card.

Our store will remain offline for the time being whilst we work on completing our new store - this will be self hosted by us.

Need support? Email [email protected] or open a thread on our website.