MatthewKilp
Owner
120 posts
14 reputation

IGN: MatthewKilp
By MatthewKilp » 5 months ago

Hello everyone,

Earlier on this year, we launched a player feedback survey, which was shared through in-game announcements. We stopped sharing this recently, and have now had a chance to look over all of the responses submitted. 39 responses were submitted.

We did promise that we would give a donator rank to the best response received. Of the responses received, the users whose responses stood out most as the most detailed & constructive feedback were geraucht, CrazyNerd and Frui - all three of these users have now received an Iron rank for the quality of their responses.

In terms of the feedback received, some of the main points received are as follows - there are the things that we will be working to improve as soon as possible. Please note that there is a lot of text, so feel free to skip over this if you’re not interested in what people had to say.

- Finding the server - the majority of respondents (33.3%) were recommended to the server by a friend, followed by finding the server on google, and then minecraftservers.org. We plan to work on finding ways to optimise our search engine rankings for certain terms that potential players may be searching for - with the aid of the responses from the ‘what made the server stand out to you’ question, this should help us include key words in our pages that will show up when others are searching for the server. Despite only 2 respondents signifying finding the server on PlanetMinceraft, will be re-listing the server there soon (was de-listed automatically for no apparent reason a few weeks back), incase this is able to help us gain players.

- General experience: 97.4% of respondents selected either a positive or definitely positive overall experience on the server, and 1 respondent selected neutral. No negative options were selected for this question.

- Feature requests: GoPaint and GoBrush - we will work on adding these plugins over the next few weeks. Sitting on stairs was also requested. - we will look into adding a toggle able way of doing this in order to prevent it interfering with players building and accidentally sitting down - this will most likely either be a command to enable the option to sit, or a command to sit down in your current position. Building competitions were also requested - it’s probably worth considering us doing a few a year, and so I’ll start thinking about what themes could be, and what prizes will be - ideally I’d love to give some non-server store credit things away, but given how we pretty much run at a loss, I can’t really justify doing that.

- Game modes: the most popular game mode to be added by far was build battle, with 23 of 39 ranking this as something they are definitely interested in. This is what we will prioritise working on as a new feature. Also ranking fairly popular was our realistic city server, which is currently in the works, though will need a few months at the minimum before it is ready for release.

- Builder ranks: there was a large interest (around 70%) in this, and so we will be thinking through what the criteria for this will be, and what these ranks will get that isn’t included in the default rank.

- Ranks / donations: overall, no valuable feedback in this area - mostly people asking for ranks to be free / cheaper as reasons that would make them more likely to donate. I think the only way to tackle the pretty thin margins on expenses vs donations will be to try and attract more players going off this feedback. Whilst this point wasn’t on the survey, something that has also come to our attention as a potential method of funding the server is through Amazon’s affiliate program - this would mean players are able to use our link when shopping at Amazon, and at no extra cost to them, we would receive a small percentage of what they spend (somewhere between 1% and 5% of purchase costs), which could help out with funding significantly (and potential provide the funding for an actual prize for build contests). We are going to review Amazon’s terms further to see if our use case is allowed, as well as looking into the data affiliates get access to - it may be possible for us build a system to work out who has ordered using the link, and the value of their orders, and use this to allow users to gain ranks from their Amazon purchases - it would work out as around £150 spent at Amazon for 1 step up the rank ladder, however if you were already planning to purchase something on Amazon, gaining a rank on the server may be a nice addition for no extra cost. If this does go ahead, we will most likely roll out this feature to customers of the Amazon UK and Amazon US sites. We have got a trial of this for Amazon UK users here, I'd be greatful if you were to use this if you plan on purchasing anything from Amazon UK - we're using this trial period to work out what ways we can use the data we get to benefit users for using the links.

- Server rules: 80% of respondents signified they were happy with the rules as they stand. The two main feedback points on server rules were possibly adding a rule to prevent players copying builds and relaxing the rules on mentioning other servers. In terms of copying builds, I’ll look into a way to prevent other players entering plots / chunks being loaded, and in terms of mentioning other servers, I’m thinking of allowing it in messages - though work needs to be done first before this decision is finalised, updates will follow on this.

- Other points: going off the responses, there were a few feature requests for features that were already available to all players for free - this has brought to light the need for a more thorough list of commands & what they do. This will most likely be implemented through the website as a searchable or sectioned list, though if you can think of any other more suitable ways for this, let me know & they can be considered.

If you didn’t enter the survey and have any feedback, or did and have some new ideas, just let me know and we can work on improving whatever is needed.

Thanks,

Matthew

Need support? Email [email protected] or open a thread on our website.

MatthewKilp
Owner
120 posts
14 reputation

IGN: MatthewKilp
By MatthewKilp » 5 months ago

Updates in response to changes being made will be added to this post.

23/5/18:

• goBrush and goPaint have been added to creative - these tools are available to all users.
  • Ability to sit down has been added: use /sit to sit down, and /lie to lie down - this is available to anyone of rank Iron or above.

24/5/18:

• Message on plot claim informing users of command needed to set plot to day
  • Plot chat prefix changed to the correct green
  • Chat filter updated to pick up on more common filter bypasses
  • Staff area of website updated to highlight messages that chat filter punished for to avoid duplicate punishments

Need support? Email [email protected] or open a thread on our website.